Continuing Education for Personal Trainers
So now you are a personal trainer. What about continuing education?
NPTI Colorado provided the basic information required to become a personal fitness trainer: anatomy, physiology, exercise science, diet, nutrition, cardiovascular program design, strength program design, basic personal trainer business, policies, and procedures and more.
What if went to school for accounting and successfully passed your CPA exam and decided you wanted to specialize in accounting for manufacturers? What if you went to law school and successfully passed the bar exam and then decided you wanted to become an expert litigator in environmental law?
What if you graduated from NPTI Colorado and successfully passed your “Certified “Personal Trainer” (CPT) examination and then decided you want to become more of a “fitness clinician” and work with chiropractors, physical therapists, and other licensed medical professionals?
In all cases, whether an accountant, an attorney, or a personal trainer, you would seek out specialized continuing education. Personal training, like many professional careers demanding niche-oriented specialists, offers a variety of continuing education choices.
- NPTI Colorado regularly hosts continuing education seminars, workshops, and classes with often discounted rates to NPTI graduates.
- NPTI Colorado reaches out to those Continuing Education Credit (CEC) and Continuing Education Unit (CEU) providers who satisfy CEC / CEU requirements for your Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) annual continuing education requirements from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, and NSCA.
- NPTI Colorado’s sister company, Fitness Resources, offers CEU / CEC event participation to both NPTI and non-NPTI graduates. For more information, please see our website, www.FitnessResourcesSeminars.com
- NPTI Colorado invites its graduates back to take electives that often result in additional certifications and CEU / CEC credit such as NASM’s Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) or Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES).
- If you know of a CEC / CEU class that could benefit you as a personal trainer, please let us know. We’d be happy to explore any CEU / CEC event that benefits personal fitness trainers and ultimately their clients.