Elective Course: Pre- & Post-Natal Training
The Pre- & Post-Natal Training course provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully develop safe and effective training programs for women who are expecting as well as women who have recently given birth.
- Understand the physiological / anatomical considerations unique to pregnant women
- Safely create and implement training programs for pregnant women, new moms, and families
- Successfully market your skills to effectively reach the pre / post natal market
- Explain the effects of exercise on maternal and fetal health
Primary / Recommended Textbooks: "Prenatal and Postpartum Exercise Design" by Gwen Hyatt and Catherine Cram, and "ACE® Guide to Pre-Natal Fitness"
NPTI Reviews: What our students have to say ...
- More than 95% of participants said the course met and / or exceeded their expectations
- "Amazing instructor! Knowledgeable and engaging. Spoke from the heart and from experience."
- "Would be better as a 2-day course separating "pre-natal" from "post-natal" ( ... which is exactly what we did based on student feedback! The course is now Pre-Natal (day 1) and Post-natal (day 2)
- I learned a lot and enjoyed the hands-on activities. This was a great course. I like the new structure of learning pre-natal one day and post-natal the next day.
- "Really helped to understand how to build proper program, how to look for warning signs. Great examples on how to perform exercises"
- "Awesome class! Thanks! Very informative elective."
... and what do employers who hire NPTI Colorado graduates have to say ...
"We are a Colorado based fitness company who has benefited from hiring NPTI graduates. These personal trainers come to us prepared for the market and to succeed. In fact, one of the NPTI graduates we hired is now in the top 10 most successful trainers in our organization. I highly recommend that other club owners and operators create an alliance with NPTI."
- Amy T., Personal Training Director